On Saturday, September 26th, JIG Media’s 1st annual DIY Makeup Expo powered by Social Media Influencers was a notable success. With over 1,000 attendees at a luxurious rooftop space in Times Square, beauty lovers connected with their favorite social media influencers and cosmetic brands. Partners and sponsors of the expo included Zico Coconut Water, Jack Daniels, Prudential Financial, Shea Moisture, Bloom Fresh, Chella Cosmetics, Lit Cosmetics, YouTube Studios, Elevation Lashes, Trestique and more!
Guests experienced a night of entertainment and glamour, receiving complimentary makeovers from professional artists, “swag bags” to collect free products at the various beauty booths and the ability to rub shoulders with major industry gurus! Our VIP Influencer’s Circle guests, which reach approximately 8.5 million people in the digital beauty sphere, included Taren Guy, Theo Turner, Isabel Bedoya, Houda Casablanca, Michela Wariebi, Tina Kosnik, and Nikki Fontaine.
Attendants also made their own DIY natural makeup products and got to sit in on a Power Panel, sponsored by Prudential Financial, where beauty influencers discussed empowering women and their definition of true beauty. The Power Panel had an overwhelming response and left guests yearning for more. The speakers included:
- Verna Dottin – A Prudential Financial representative.
- Alice Barnes – A Senior Prudential associate.
- Tracy G – The Co-host of SWAY in the Morning on Sirius Radio and creator of ‘She’s Beauty and the Beast’ audio vision board.
- Dijana Ilieva – The Marketing Director of Bloom Fresh Produce.
- Monae Everett – A hairstylist and makeup artists and author of “Stunning Braids: Gorgeous Hairstyles for Any Occasion from Work to Weddings”.
- Taren Guy – Hair care guru and YouTuber.
About JIG Media
JIG Media is a Digital Media Marketing firm based in Brooklyn, New York. The company builds hyperlocal digital platforms and events that organically connects brands and consumers. JIG’s media platforms include DIYmakeup.com, BrooklynBuzz.com, RealEstateWired.com, SportsClips.tv, and NYC Sports Network. Some of their notable clients include Sprint, Jordan Brand, AT&T, Sports Authority, ShopRite, Under Armour, Panera Bread, Crunch Fitness, Skechers and Affinity Health.