Happy New Year! There’s no denying 2016 was filled with ups and downs. When I think about the biggest highlights of my year, I can look back on celebrating my first year of marriage, moving into a new (and bigger) apartment (third time’s a charm right?) and getting to travel to Miami and Chicago for my full-time job. Looking back on my previous beauty goals and seeing my progress has now become a tradition for me. So with that, here’s an update on my 2016 beauty resolutions and a look at my beauty goals for 2017.
1. Mask more. Check. In fact, I tested a bevy of facial masks in 2016, which you can read all the reviews here.
2. Clean up my beauty closet. Almost there. I’ve made major progress on tossing out expired products and cleaning up my little corner.
3. Clean my makeup brushes more often. Shoot. I guess I need to take care of that soon.
4. Perfect my eyeshadow application skills. I wouldn’t classify my eye makeup application skills as perfect but I’ve been watching many beauty vlogger tutorials and that’s made a huge difference in my technique.
5. Find my holy grail shampoo & conditioner. Eh… debatable. Right now I’ve being using Ogx Tsubaki Blossom Shampoos & Conditioner and that’s the closest I’ve come to good hair product. Have a recommendation? Let me know!
Now, for my 2017 beauty goals:
Take better care of my cuticles. Outside of trips to the nail salon every now and then I’m pretty neglectful when it comes to my nail cuticles. I’m hoping to change that for the better this year.
Give my lips some extra TLC. I’m really good about applying lip treatment at night and during the day but I’m overdue for a good lip scrub. Any product recs?
Find my perfect nude lipstick. I’ve already found my go-to pink and red lipstick.
Try at least five new hairstyles. Because I’m tired of basic waves and flat hair.
Hit up the gym at least three times a week. Serious question here: Why is it so easy to become out of shape yet so difficult to get back in shape?
Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy New Year! What do you plan to resolve in 2017? Let me know in the comments!
The post Happy New Year + 2017 Beauty Goals appeared first on Politics of Pretty.
Happy New Year + 2017 Beauty Goals : Polotics of Pretty